Reduce friction and save time in your content creation workflow with these essential apps.
Topics I’ll cover:
- CREATOR’S BEST FRIEND | FCP WORKFLOW EXTENSION: Use this amazing app extension to quickly and easily create chapter markers for all of your YouTube videos.
- PULLTUBE: Sometimes you need to rip a vid from YouTube to reference it on your channel. I do this often with Apple Events - and YouTubers across the platform reference existing videos to create their content. All while following copyright laws, of course.
- CLEANMYMAC X: This app is incredibly useful for not only clearing unnecessary junk out of your hard drive but for freeing up RAM in those instances when your computer’s available memory runs out.
- AFFINITY DESIGNER: The perfect replacement for Adobe Illustrator. I use this app ALL THE TIME to create social media posts and my YouTube thumbnails. It’s inexpensive and intuitive.
- GOODNOTES 5: I love using this app with my Mac and my iPad mini. It’s a great way to keep notes on all aspects of your content creation and have them sync between devices.
If you want to learn more about how these apps reduce friction in my content creation workflows, then definitely check out this course!
Learn all the tricks, tips, and shortcuts I know that get me from shoot to rough cut the fastest.
- FINAL CUT PRO SETTINGS: Use these settings to keep your Final Cut Pro library from ballooning in size after importing your footage.
- FINDER & FINAL CUT PRO TEMPLATES: You can use a Finder folder system template and a Final Cut Pro library template to keep all of your media organized in Finder and Final Cut Pro.
- RENAMING YOUR FILES: Renaming your files ensures compatibility with your Final Cut Pro Smart Collections, makes it easier to search for archived footage in Finder, and ensures that footage can easily be relinked if you ever open a long-finished project.
- IMPORTING YOUR MEDIA: Check out my methods for importing media to insure maximum efficiency with your data management.
- CREATING A MULTI-CAM: Learn how to create a multi-cam with your a-roll footage in order to easily edit a-roll and keep your viewers engaged.
- ENHANCING YOUR AUDIO: You’ve taken the time to use a lav or boom mic (or both) to capture quality audio - what enhancements can you do with built-in Final Cut Pro effects to make it sound even better?
If you’re struggling with this phase of the post-production process, you won’t want to miss out on this course to learn how you can get from shoot to rough cut as fast as possible.
You, too, can be a powerhouse one person crew. In this in-depth bootcamp, we’ll dive into the start-to-finish process and take your video productions to the next level, including:
- Get Set Up for Success
- Identify Must Have Gear
- Find Your In the Field Workflow
- Fine Tune Filming Your Selfie
- Finesse the Edit
This session is geared towards current creators looking to level-up with confidence.
Let’s unpack the essentials for vlogging so you’re ready for anything! And let’s leave everything else at home (or in the store). In this session, we’ll geek out on the latest and greatest gear, so you can vlog like a pro.
- Your Kit: Camera, Audio, Lighting, Support
- Your Style: from cinematic to authentic and everything in between
- Essential Accessories
Whether you’re just starting out or an experienced pro, don’t miss this important talk tech so you can be the star of your own stories.
Launch Your Own Video Production Company
Turn your business into a hobby!
Start your own Video Production Business! This session covers the business side of running a production company, like what equipment you actually need, how to attract clients, how to price projects and even what information should be included in your contracts!
Ideal for anyone looking to turn their hobby into a business or help growing an existing business
Join in this Creative Exercise
Learn how to take an existing client logo and animate it in Apple Motion. This session fires up both sides of your brain, flexing your creativity and harnessing your technical skills to bring a logo to life! You’ll learn how to use an established brand concept to generate ideas for a dazzling custom logo animation.
Ideal for Apple Motion users who work with clients.
The Least You Need To Know About Apple Motion
A Kickstart for Apple Motion Noobs
Get acquainted with Apple Motion! In this introductory presentation, get a tour of the Apple Motion user interface, learn to make quick and simple animations, and see how to integrate them with Final Cut Pro. Fair warning: once you see how easy Apple Motion can be to use, you’ll be hooked!
Ideal for people new to Apple Motion.
Pre-Production and Idea Planning for Social Media
Learn how to full-proof your strategies for production! Pre-production will set you up for success or failure. By following the steps I learned along the way, your strategies for your content will lead to great content that your audience will want more of! Social media’s power can open up many different opportunities for your business!
- Idea creation and execution/li>
- >What works and what doesn’t/li>
- Which social media platform is best for your business?/li>
After years of creating content on multiple different platforms, I finally know what works, so now it’s for me to show you!
So you’re new to Final Cut Pro and don’t know where to start, this session will get you up and running in no time. Final Cut Pro is an incredibly powerful program, but for new users is can be a bit overwhelming. We’ll fast-track you on bringing media into the app, assemble it on a timeline, trim it, and export a movie. Once you have a basic understanding of the workflow, we’ll explore adding music, titles, and transitions. If you want to get your head around how to edit in Final Cut Pro - this session is a great place to start.
Areas covered will include:
- Importing media
- Editing Basics
- Working with Audio
- Titles, Transitions, and Effects
- Quick Color correction
- Sharing a finished program.
Audience: Content creators brand new to Final Cut Pro
You recorded all the footage for your video, BUT - it’s a hodgepodge of formats - iPhones, DSLRs & Point and shoot cameras, action cameras, and Drones. Some video is shot vertical, some horizontal…and the color is all over the place. Don’t worry, this session will show you how to work with all of this footage to create a video with a single look and feel.
- Get the best results when mixing vertical and horizontal video in the same timeline.
- Quickly match color across multiple clips
- Learn the best strategies when dealing with different video resolutions from 720P all the way up to 8K.
- Using FCP’s Smart Conform feature to export landscape, vertical, and square video from a single timeline.
Audience: Creators already familiar with FCP looking to take a mix of formats and frame sizes and create a seamless video. (Attendees should have a basic understanding of editing with FCP.)
Getting good on-camera soundbites when working with nonprofessional talent is one of the greatest production challenges. Whether interviewing a regular Joe or Jane, a child, or just the person-on-the-street, find out how to get compelling sound bites and have your subjects look and sound their best. These same techniques can be used to make you look and sound better too!
Areas covered will include:
- Developing a rapport with your subject
- Selecting the best camera placement
- Interviewing with editing in mind
Audience: Creators who want to have their talent and themselves look the very best when appearing on camera.
Are you editing projects with footage from a mix of different cameras, in different lighting conditions, in different color spaces, with various color balance and exposure issues?
Final Cut Pro's robust color grading features have been expanding with almost every new release. In this 50-minute virtual session you will learn to harness the power of these tools to:
- Normalize your shots by improving dynamic range and color balance
- Match shots to create continuity
- Isolate and correct specific areas and color ranges
- Track masked corrections
- Create a unifying look that supports your story goals
We will also cover when and how to use both camera and creative LUTs on LOG footage; how to monitor your work; how to work quickly and efficiently; and the difference between grading in SDR and HDR.
This session is ideal for editors who want to improve their color grading skills.
If you've ever felt intimidated or overwhelmed by the variety of tools and approaches to grading in Final Cut Pro, you won't want to miss this session.
The hardest thing about being creative is your own inner voice. What if you had the freedom just to create?
That’s exactly what this session is geared to do. Prepares you to quickly try, play, iterate and create visual stories. The 15-second film festival was created to help you be more creative by taking away that fear.
All of this is meant to prepare you for a chance to make a short film during the Visual Storytelling Conference! We’re encouraging you to go out and TRY!
In this session, Jeff I Greenberg, will go over:
- Good storytelling foundations
- The Taste Gap, Technical issues, and other voices to ignore
- Tools that you can use (Adobe Rush gets extra focus)
The second half of this talk directly covers some of the basics of Adobe Rush – which can be used completely for free, on Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android.
And to answer the biggest questions:
- No, you don’t have to have any experience with visual tools
- Yes, you can use any tools you have access to.
- Yes, it can go longer than 15 seconds (up to a minute!)
Jeff I. Greenberg, a Master Instructor, encourages lots of Q&A during the session.
Target audience: Perfect for the creative who is ready to act without fear (and maybe win a prize!)
A session on finding that creative spark, while gathering elements for your project. It really doesn’t matter what you are creating, from shorts to docs, to full on animated title opens. They all require that little creative spark. In this session we will discuss different ways to approach projects to maximize productivity and creativity as we cover topics as follows:
- Getting out from behind your desk, a great way to be more productive
- Gathering assets for inspiration and creating mood boards
- Quick Storyboarding for better communication and less revisions
- Exercises to identify next steps
- Creativity exercises to approach projects from new directions
If you’re looking to shake up your day to day and get more creative while still being productive, this is the session for you Ideal for producers, editors, and designers who are looking to keep things fresh by analyzing their creative process.
In this session, you’ll learn how to edit a 3-camera music performance that includes audio from a multitrack recorder. You’ll learn best practices for organizing your audio into roles before creating a balanced mix using Final Cut Pro’s stereo panning options, and a few compressors to enhance the vocals.
- Assigning Audio Roles
- Working with Mono and Stereo
- Cutting Multicam Picture and Sound
- Creating a Final Mixdown
Video is a transactional experience. Your viewers will give you their time (or money), if you give me something worth watching. When planning your video, your number one question should be: “why should they care?”
- Confusing intent with results
- How to instantly make your videos more focused
- The Hero’s Journey and how it applies to you
Want to know how YouTubers and other influencers create stunning, professional videos wherever they are in the world? The secret is right at your fingertips: on your phone – with LumaFusion, the #1 multitrack mobile video editing app. In this dynamic workshop, video producer Caroline Scott will show you how to use the award-winning editing app and explain:
- Why mobile editing is key to a content creator's success in 2022
- How to get started with mobile editing in the LumaFusion interface, understanding
- how video is pieced together
- How to make your very own video overlays to enhance and brand your YouTube and social content
After this session, you’ll have what you need to take your video editing to the next level by improving our production – and boosting your views. Whether you’;re traveling the world and editing from the back of a van, building your online show in a coffee shop, or simply wanting to give your videos a professional edge, join us for this productive, fast-paced session!
You’re a photographer and you are ready to dip your toes into the world of video. Simple, just flick the switch on your camera to video and go. Except - what about all those recording formats, frame rates, and frame sizes? Should I choose a Picture Profile and if so - which one and why? And what are my best editing options?
Areas we will cover:
- Understanding the different video settings on your Camera, iPhone, GoPro
- How to get better sounding audio.
- Editing solutions from iPhone apps, to iMovie, to Final Cut Pro.
Audience: Photographers who want a better understanding of best practices for capturing video and what options they can use to edit their video.
YouTube is where video and video creators thrive. By creating a YouTube channel, you can build a highly visible online brand and share content with the world. This workshop explains how to set up a brand-new YouTube channel, build your subscriber base, and convert clicks into action. Rich explains how to design compelling artwork, choose engaging thumbnails, and use YouTube cards and captions. He also dives into building a YouTube community, live streaming, and more.
To land your dream job in a creative role, there’s nothing more important than the interview. Job interviews showcase your talent and expertise—and your ability to think on your feet. So how do you make sure you’re prepared? In this course, you can learn how to ace an interview for a creative role, and get tips to stand out from the competition and make a great impression. The course is taught by Rich Harrington, a creative pro and hiring manager who has run his own visual communications agency for over 20 years. Rich explains how to build your network to land more interviews, create an attention-getting resume, build your portfolio, and arrive prepared and ready to answer any question.
- Networking for job interviews
- Interview types
- Crafting an effective resume
- Building a creative portfolio
- Researching the company and position
- Holding mock interviews
- Preparing physical materials
Where is tech going and how will it affect content creators? Many people think that AI will take over the creator space. However, future tech will only help us be MORE creative and give us the tools we need to make better content. The future of cameras will give the power of Hollywood to anyone!
- What kind of equipment is future-proof?
- What features do you need in camera equipment that will help you create what you want?
- The future of cameras and other production equipment
Working with tons of tech over the years, I can come up with a few educated guesses on where future tech is heading!
Where does mental health and wellness fit into your content creation schedule?
Whether it’s the pandemic, coming out of extended isolation, social and political unrest, feeling overloaded at work along with our own personal story, this topic has never been more timely. In this session, join Youtube star and Jedi in training iJustine as she shares her experiences on how to stay fresh with content through wellness, why she no longer drinks caffeine, what she’s learned about mental health from her blood clot scare and how jiu jitsu and fitness play an important part in her everyday life.
Topics we’ll discuss include:
- The role of fitness in wellness
- Staying creative with content
- Mental health tips for success in a fast-paced world
- Lessons from the Jiu Jitsu floor
- Apps for a healthier mindset
- Justine’s journey in staying caffeine free
- The importance of exploration and travel
Bring your next creative video to life wherever you are using LumaFusion. Named iPad App of the Year, LumaFusion is a powerful NLE designed for lightning-fast editing with the touch of your fingers on iPhones and iPads. In this session, Ripple Training founder Steve Martin will show you how to edit and deliver a short video from start to finish.
Topics covered include:
- Import & organize your footage
- Assemble and Trim your project
- Color Correct & Apply Effects
- Apply Titles & Transitions
- Start in iOS, Finish on a Mac
In 2014, 19 years after starting my design studio, I reluctantly agreed to record and release my first YouTube video. The decision to do so changed the course of my life and business. By 2019, I was running a second 7 figure, content and education company and was finally free from client work. I’ve never looked back since.
Topics I’ll cover:
- Niching up
- Developing a personal brand
- Content strategy
- Omni-channel distribution
- Building community
- Monetization & product eco-system
- Brand deals
- Anatomy of a viral video
Learn how to get started creating motion graphics and VFX using Motion.
Learn how to get started making animations in real time using Apple Motion. Wether creating straightforward motion graphic builds, or more simulation focused VFX with snow and rain, in Motion, there is a quick way to get there. In this session we will learn how get started using Apple Motion covering topics as follows.
- Create customizable titles and lower 3rds for use in Final Cut Pro
- Learn how to build seemingly complex animations using Behaviors
- Customize particle systems using the HUD & the Inspector
- Create graphics from scratch with Generators and the Replicator
- Insert graphics into video with object tracking, using the Match Move
- Move between 2D and 3D with Lights, Cameras, and 3D models
If you’re new to Apple Motion, or just want to broaden your Motion skillset, this is the session for you.
Ideal for final cut pro editors, and beginner Apple Motion users.
You’ve dreamed the dream. You’ve followed your passion. Then reality hits. How do I actually make a living telling stories through video? In this session we’ll explore:
- Finding Your Niche and Creating Your Personal Brand
- The Hustle: Building Your Portfolio
- Developing Different Revenue Streams
This session is geared towards content creators who aim to get paid doing what they are passionate about.
How to go from 0-100K followers within just a few months! After doing tons of testing with multiple different platforms, I finally know what works for optimum growth. The power of short-form content is growing and I will help guide you on how to create it!
- Short form content techniques for Instagram!
- How to repurpose your content for other platforms
- The best ways to be efficient with posting and creating your content
This session will save you years of headache and anxiety as I break down my successes and failures with my research and testing!
If I knew then what I know now, things would be way different! This session is a time machine! It will take you back to my earlier days, showing you my struggles and my grind. There were certain things that I learned that I want to share with you which will take YEARS off of your clock and get you to your goals way faster with content creation. I wish I knew this when I was younger.
- Start as early as you can on creating your online presence
- Resumes are DEAD, people have all the access they need with a click of a button and finding your social media!
- How to avoid massive burnouts and learning how to give your mind a break!
The greatest success comes with the greatest struggles… but with this session, you will learn to struggle much less!
Identifying the best clients & opportunities for your business. How to navigate the nuances of balancing client expectations throughout the production process.
"Social media." Two words that can immediately bring up feelings of fear. This session will shift your perspective on how to think about social media, increasing your confidence and ease. We will explore the human elements of social media, and how to shift your mindset to make the most out of your time on social media.